Desktop Webinar Recruitment
@ONE is Seeking Desktop Webinar Presenters
- Do your peers come to you for ideas or assistance with teaching with technology?
- Have you recently completed a case study that explores the intersection of technology and learning?
- Have you shared a presentation about teaching with technology at a conference recently?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please consider applying to present a Desktop Webinar for @ONE. @ONE’s Desktop Webinar series is a longstanding professional development service provided by a grant from the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. To keep this valuable tradition alive, we need you to share your fabulous teaching practices.
Ideal Desktop Webinar presenters:
- are currently teaching for a California community college (preferred but not required)
- will submit a description of a presentation that demonstrates a contemporary, compelling practice that uses technology to supports the needs of diverse learners
- are engaging speakers
- are available to present at 12:00pm Pacific time at least one day of the week (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday)
- 45-minutes of delivery followed by 15-minutes of Q&A
- Presentations should make use of the interactive features of the CCC Confer (Blackboard Collaborate) web conferencing system (polling, chat, interactive whiteboard).
- Topic demonstrates a contemporary use of technology that supports the needs of diverse learners or improves the quality of online, hybrid, blended, or face-to-face learning through the use of technology.
- Some sample topics may include: practical applications of emerging tools (social media, mobile learning, augmented reality, etc), examples of project based learning, campus wide implementations of emerging technologies, and more.
- All presentations will be archived and shared online in video format with a CC-BY-NC-SA license -- an opportunity for you to share your presentation skills in your digital portfolio!
- Presenters will be compensated $200 for the delivery of the presentation and sharing of an electronic version of the presentation slides, which will be uploaded to the @ONE website.
To apply to be an @ONE Desktop Webinar presenter, please complete the online application form below or at: http://bit.ly/WebinarPresenter.